Bagged soil and nutrients

HomeForumsGardening ProductsBagged soil and nutrients

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by greenqueen greenqueen 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

greenleafoutdoors
    Participant

What does everyone recommend for a good bagged soil and also a good nutrient line?

happychicken
    happychicken
    Participant

I use Fafard or Pro Mix products for potting soil, seed starting etc.To the basic organic mix I add coarse vermiculite for seeds. (about 10/1). I also make my own compost which is really great to add to the mix and fabulous for enriching my raised beds. For plant nutrition, I am a big fan of Espoma products. I have used Tomato Tone for my tomatoes for years. For vegetables they have Vegetable Tone and for everything else… Plantone.

greenqueen
    greenqueen
    Participant

I steer away from bagged soil because it is so expensive. Instead I have my favorite nursery deliver a load of compost. If I don’t need that much, my husband picks it up from the nursery in huge plastic pots. It is much cheaper. Years ago, I used to be able to get free compost from the city. You had to take a truck to the site and load it but it was surely worth it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.