drip irrigation

HomeForumsGardening Productsdrip irrigation

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by greenqueen greenqueen 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    LilyRose
    LilyRose
    Participant

I know it is good for the plants but are there any economical ways to get started?

greenqueen
    greenqueen
    Participant

Try a soaker hose first. Made of recycled tires, they have tiny holes all over the entire length of the hose. Simply connect them to a water source  and lay them along your tomato plants. They work best when placed directly on top of the soil and are laid flat. You can mulch over them but it is not necessary.

Theresa
    Theresa
    Participant

I used a length of old fish tank aeration hose that I had. I poked holes in the hose with a paneling nail, then I rigged it up to where it was closed on one end and attached to a rainwater barrel on the other so that it had a constant drip as long as it was hooked up. Sems to work pretty well so far.

Greenqueen, where did you get your soaker hose? did you make it or buy it?

greenqueen
    greenqueen
    Participant

I bought it and the package said it was made of recycled tires but I love your idea. I have 3 rain barrels next to my raised beds and I can’t believe I never thought of trying drip irrigation from rain barrels.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.