Plant pathology lab cannot diagnose this tomato disease…

HomeForumsWhat the #$*! Disease is This?Plant pathology lab cannot diagnose this tomato disease…

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jammastermay 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

kanenas
    Participant

Hello, The symptoms start as spots on the leaves.  Medium-aged leaves are affected, then older leaves.  Young leaves and fruit are not affected.  During the first year, I mailed an entire plant to the major plant diagnostic laboratory in Greece.  They told me they can find no disease on the plant, and suggested toxicity from soil ammonium.  The second year, I analyzed the soil for ammonium, but it checked out normal.  The symptoms repeat.  I mailed another whole plant to the same lab.  This time they said the plant tested positive for Cucumber Mosaic Virus.  Of course, my plants have no symptoms of CMV whatsoever.  I searched every possible key to tomato disease symptoms, I can find no picture that matches.  This is an organic crop with minimum inputs.  Any suggestions welcome.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

jammastermay
    Participant

You may want to investigate tomato verticellium wilt.  It looks much like what you are showing.  Of course CMV or TMV has similar symptoms…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.