Celebrities or Miracle Sweets?

HomeForumsGardening DiscussionsCelebrities or Miracle Sweets?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  saucelover 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Theresa
    Theresa
    Participant

I’m on the hunt for the best nematode-resistant eating tomato on the planet and these seem to be the two that keep popping up. I really like the flavor and texture of the beefsteak-style tomatoes so if anybody here has grown either the celebrity or the miracle sweet, please chime in and let me know which one you liked best.

For that matter, if you have other suggestions, I’m listening! :)

LilyRose
    LilyRose
    Participant

I have grown Celebrity every year because it is a top performer in North Florida. It puts up with the heat and humidity and produces delicious meaty tomatoes. Have you tried planting a cover crop of French marigolds? I did this and then planted the French marigolds in between the rows of my crops which included tomatoes and peppers.

Theresa
    Theresa
    Participant

Great ideas Lily! I’ve read in other places that the Marigolds work but they smell so horrible to me for some reason that I just haven’t done it yet. I’ve taken our garden completely organic though so I think that this year I’ll give them a shot.

I’ve decided to go with the Celebrity too. I had one the other day at a friend’s house and I absolutely loved it. Her kids eat them straight out of the garden with just a little salt and you can’t beat them on a sandwich. If anybody else grows the Miracle Sweets, let us know what you think of it. Never can have too many good options! :)

saucelover
    Participant

My mother loves marigolds so we always had them planted all over the place. It was years before I even knew that she planted them in the garden in order to repel bugs, critters and other yucks because we had them up our porch railings and everywhere else, too.
    I carry on the tradition now even though I’m married and planting my own gardens now and have very little problem with anything bothering my tomatoes.
    Regarding the OP’s question, I’ve grown both the Miracle Sweets and the Celebrities and my family is pretty equally divided . They’re both delicious choices though my personal preference is the Celebrity.  It just seems to have a little bit better texture to me.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.