Excellent Yellow Heirloom?

HomeForumsGardening DiscussionsExcellent Yellow Heirloom?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jammastermay 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

saucelover
    Participant

My family has had a garden my entire life but we’ve always grown red tomatoes. We have some wonderful heirlooms that I absolutely adore and will probably always grow but would like to add a nice yellow tomato to our garden as well.
    Does anybody have any suggestions for a good heirloom yellow? I’m looking for a sweet tomato that will be delicious on a sandwich. I’d like the meat to be firm and, if possible, I’d like to have few seeds. If anybody has any good suggestion, I’d live to hear them please!

jammastermay
    Participant

There are a number of great yellow heirlooms.  Two that I really like are “Big Rainbow” and “Barnes Mountain Yellow”.  Big rainbow grows huge fruit that are yellow with a pink/red streak in the center bottom of the tomato.  When you slice it, the bottom couple of slices have a beautiful splash of pink.  They are excellent eating…very low seeds/gel and a very nice flavor.  Barnes Mountain Yellow also produces huge fruit.  These also have very little seed/gel and ripen to a color between yellow and orange.  Just great sliced.  Both I prefer over the more common “pineaple” which is a little bland in flavor.  Come to think of it, “Kellog’s Breakfast” is another great yellow heirloom.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.