Tomato experiment

HomeForumsGardening DiscussionsTomato experiment

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by greenqueen greenqueen 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    greenqueen
    greenqueen
    Participant

In the fall, I planted a few black cherry tomato seeds that a friend gave me although only 1 germinated and grew. I live in the south and we have had a very mild winter. The tomato vined all over the place although no tomatoes ripened. I just left it in the ground and recently I trimmed off the little bit of cold damage. Today I am going to give them a shot of fertilizer and hope for the best. There are flowers and some green tomatoes with  few starting to color. Wow, an overwintered tomato. A first for me.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    LilyRose
    LilyRose
    Participant

Cherry tomatoes always seem to be particularly hardy. Even in the heat and humidity of the summer, my cherry tomatoes have always outlasted the larger varieties.

greenqueen
    greenqueen
    Participant

I spoke too soon. Two nights of temperatures in the low 30’s and my beautiful tomato vine withered and is now compost. Oh well. I have new transplants that are about 4 inches tall and will be ready to go in the ground next month!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.