Weird pattern on leaves, withering leaves, white spots under leaves.

HomeForumsWhat the #$*! Disease is This?Weird pattern on leaves, withering leaves, white spots under leaves.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fatcat 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ohmygod02
    Participant

Hey guys. I’ve started growing my tomato since November 2015. There are 3 of them and they were quite healthy up till now. 2 of them has weird white stuff under their leaves, and there are weird patterns on some of the leaves. Some of the flowers that are yet to bloom even withered away before even blooming. One of the plant was fine though. I grew them at the same time but now the one that is fine is taller than the other 2, which I guess the 2 has their growth stunted? I’m living in a country with a tropical rainforest climate. I do water them everyday, sometimes once every 2 days with diluted rice water (water collected from washing rice, it is said to fertilize plants). Could it be that I overfertilized them? I do not know what is going on with my plant and I’m extremely worried about it, so please help me out with it! I’ll attach the photos of them below.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

fatcat
    Participant

that looks like thrips to me. Pictures are helpful. Spray with azamaz or azatrol and give a soils drench to kill the soil living grubs. The bottom pic almost looks like spider mites, but they like dry climate. Do you have a magnifier to get a good look? Never the less, STOP using rice water and get some minerals on those plants. Get a good all round fertilizer such as Dr earth powder or liquid. Yellowing Can be either over fert, OR magnesium/calcium defeciency. Treat w/ fish bone meal (slow absorb)omri soil mineral replacement such as azomite (faster absorb), and water in tbsp/gal epsom salt, wait a week r 2 and I think you may be okay. I also recommend adding seaweed to the mix on transplant. Let me know if it helps. I had this problem early on, no further probs. good luck, hope this helps, lizz

fatcat
    Participant

Ps, the white spot underneath are either eggs or aphids. Prev. tx’s will work on those too. The chewey holes look like worms, sqwiggly white lines look like thrips or worm trails.same tx.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  fatcat.

fatcat
    Participant

another thing that occured to me, that frosty looking thing on the bottom picture looks like powdery mildew, you said you are in a moist environment? Try Serenade or bondine copper/sulfer pwd.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.